Relationship Counselling for Couples
Is your communication style healthy?
There is a saying, "familiarity breeds contempt". Unfortunately, when a couple has been together for a while, unresolved frustrations can lead to behaviours that are very destructive to the relationship.
"Certain negative communication styles are so lethal to a relationship that Dr. John Gottman calls them the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. They predict relationship failure with over 90% accuracy if the behavior isn't changed. So, what can you do?"
John Gottman's "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" theory is very clearly demonstrated along with simple and yet effective "fixes" in the following video.
The Gottman Insitute has identified the four common destructive communication styles as:
Published on Dec 15, 2014
Relationship Counselling - How will it help you?
- Rediscover the person you fell in love with
- Learn how to let go of built up frustration and resentment
- Experience a new way of having conversations that stay calm and where you are really heard
- Realise that there are two people in your relationship and it is OK to have differences
- Learn how to even embrace the differences rather than there being one "right" and therefore one "wrong"
- Gain more awareness of your "hot spots", and what to do differently when they are "triggered"
- Has there been an affair? Learn how to repair the damage and start with a new "contract" of relationship
- Did you think your family was no longer an influence once you left home? You will hear a new story of how much of an influence your formative years are still having...even now