Privacy Statement - Caring4Couples Relationship Counselling
Christine Bennett (Caring4Couples) complies with the information Privacy Principles as outlined in the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Christine Bennett does not own or control, or to people not employed or managed by Christine Bennett (Caring4Couples).
Please select from the following:
- All personal information gathered by Christine Bennett in relation to your consultation/s will remain confidential and secure except where:
- It is subpoenaed by a court, or
- Failure to disclose the information would place you or another person at serious or imminent risk, or
- Your prior approval has been obtained to provide a written report to another professional or agency such as a medical practitioner or lawyer, or to discuss the material with another person such as a parent, partner or employer or if disclosure is otherwise required or authorized by law,
Collection of Information
- Information is collected when a client answers questions during an initial telephone call and when completing confidential information forms prior to or on arrival at a consultation.
- Session notes are kept for each client or couple who engage in all counselling sessions with Christine Bennett. These notes are kept for the purpose of tracking client progress and as a basis for follow up in succeeding sessions.
- All information collected is used strictly for the purpose of understanding the nature of the client's problem. This information is then used to help the client in working through that problem in order to make the changes necessary for resolution.
Use and Disclosure
- Christine Bennett (Caring4Couples) will only use or disclose information about you in ways that are consistent with your expectations and with your consent.
- Christine Bennett (Caring4Couples) keeps personal contact details separately in secure storage.
Data Quality and Security
Christine Bennett (Caring4Couples) takes all possible measures to ensure that all personal information collected is securely stored and safe from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We have in place comprehensive policies and procedures for information to be kept confidential and meet National Privacy Principles. All consultants are trained and conversant with the codes of conduct about privacy.
Privacy on the Internet
- The information you enter on any form provided by Christine Bennett (Caring4Couples) is kept in secure database and accessed by the counsellor to assist with counselling sessions in which you, the client/clients, elect to engage.
- Our Internet Service Provider makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes - the user's server address, the user's top level domain name (eg. .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc), the date and time of visit to the site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the previous site visited, and the type of browser used. No attempt will be made to identify anonymous users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet Service Provider's logs.
Your Email Address
Christine Bennett (Caring4Couples) will only record your email address in the event that you send a message via a web page request or email. If you do not want your email address to be recorded by Christine Bennett (Caring4Couples) you can send postal mail to the address below, or call directly as follows:
Locked Bag 2000, Crows Nest 1585
Mobile: 0418 226 961
Your email address and/or your postal addresses will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided them and they will not be added to any mailing lists, or used or disclosed for any other purpose, without your prior written consent.
The Internet is an insecure medium and users should be aware that there are inherent risks transmitting information across the Internet. Information submitted encrypted via email or web forms may be at risk of being intercepted, read or modified. If you do not wish to email or send an online form to Christine Bennett (Caring4Couples), you can send mail as above.
Our website contains links to other sites. Christine Bennett (Caring4Couples) is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
Wherever it is lawful and practicable, individuals have the option of not identifying themselves when engaging in a service provided by Christine Bennett (Caring4Couples).
A Further Point About Privacy
Christine Bennett (Caring4Couples) understands that information collected about you or your relationships is important to you. The practitioner works with you on significant issues affecting your life. This information can sometimes be sensitive. Therefore Christine Bennett (Caring4Couples) takes a commitment to privacy legislation seriously and for many years has provided quality confidential services to the Australian and worldwide community.
If you have any concerns, please email Christine directly..