Marriage and Relationship Counselling for Couples and Individuals
15-Minute complimentary introduction phone call is offered for new clients. Call 0418 226 961.
About the Counselling Process
Christine Bennett offers professional counselling services to help individuals and couples navigate the complexities of relationships. Christine specializes in marriage counselling, relationship counselling, couples counselling, affair recovery, guidance through the separation process, and sexual intimacy issues.
Marriage counselling is designed to help couples who are facing challenges in their relationship. It can help you improve communication, resolve conflicts, and strengthen your connection with each other. Evidence-based techniques help to identify and address the underlying issues that may be causing disconnection with each other in your marriage.
Relationship counselling is a therapeuic process that helps individuals and couples improve communication, build trust, and deepen emotional connection. You will learn to identify the patterns of behaviour that are causing problems in your relationship and develop strategies to overcome them.
Couples counselling also helps couples improve their relationship by addressing the issues that are causing conflict. You will learn how to develop effective communication skills, work through conflicts, and build a stronger emotional connection.
Counselling for affair recovery helps couples who have experienced infidelity in their relationship. A safe and supportive environment is provided for you to work through the emotional pain and trauma of infidelity and rebuild trust and intimacy.
Counselling through the process of separation helps individuals and couples navigate the difficult process of ending a relationship. Support and guidance are provided to assist you to manage your emotions, communicate effectively, and make decisions that are in your best interests and the best interests of your children.Counselling for improving sexual intimacy helps you identify the underlying issues that are causing problems in your sexual relationship and develop strategies to overcome them.
Significant issues that couples are likely to face are:
- Shattered trust in you partner through sexual or emotional betrayal. This is a relationship crisis or crossroads that can be an initiation into healing past wounds and achieving a deeper level of conscious love.
- A loss of connection over time leading to misundertandings and loneliness. Marriage counselling and pre marriage counselling leads to a greater understanding of each other and the deeply satisfying connection you long to experience.
- Exciting, satisfying and fulfilling sexual connection can be difficult to maintain in a long term relationship. Discover how to reconnect with those loving feelings and experience joy again.
- Emotional conection may also suffer if either one or both partners feel criticised and blamed often enough. Broaden your emotional horizons and learn to communicate your needs clearly with no blame or criticism.
- Past wounds that still fester and maintain a cold distance with one another. Through Imago Relationship Counselling you will learn how to heal the wounds of the past which are still impacting your intimate relationship today.
- You may be wanting to receive relationship counselling and are either separated by work commitments, are unable to find babysitters for newborns or young children, or are in a long distance relationship. Online appointments are offered to cater to any of these situations.
- Are you struggling to have the relationship that you really want?
- Does it seem that you are constantly fighting?
- Have you discovered your partner has been cheating?
- Do you find that you are "putting each other down" or name calling?
- Are there periods of time when you withdraw from one another in a cold wall of silence?
- Do you find that your partner is constantly finding something wrong with you to complain about?
- Or are you single and wondering if you will ever meet "The One"?
- During your counselling sessions you will learn how to communicate in a non-defensive way
- You will be able to share differences and still remain connected
- You will discover how much influence your family of origin has on your choice of partner
- You will learn ways to recognise when your "buttons" are pushed
- You will learn how to express your hurts and frustrations to your partner "cleanly" without blame or criticism
- More ways marriage counselling may help you...
- What is marriage counselling?
- What will I learn during marriage counselling to get back that loving feeling?
- What can I expect during a marriage counselling session?
- What is different about Caring4Couples marriage counselling?
- Who is Christine Bennett and what is important about calling her now?
- Here are the answers to other questions you may have...
Is this you?
How will marriage counselling help me?
Other key questions you may be asking:
Every one of us is seeking emotional intimacy. We want to be in harmony. We want to have real communication and mutual understanding. Although physical desire is not love, it is impossible to have physical intimacy without emotional intimacy because body and mind are not two separate entities. What happens in the body will have an effect on the mind and vice versa. The mind can’t exist without a body to hold it and the body relies on the mind to move and to function. There should be no distinction between respecting your body and respecting your mind, because your body is you.
~ Nhat Hanh, Thich. Fidelity: How to Create a Loving Relationship That Lasts (p. 16). Perseus Books Group. Kindle Edition.
Please call, text or email to request an appointment.
More information about fees is available on Frequently Asked Questions page.