IS LOVING AND BEING LOVED EASY? OR IS IT A CHALLENGE?
Guest article by Leslee Hughes Core Energetics Therapist
Some of us can love and some can receive love but are we open to both?
Our minds may want this but our hearts are a totally different vulnerable segment of our body and may be screaming, “no way!”
Do you know that if you were hurt in the first 7 years of life (and there is a likelihood that we all have been) that there is a high probability that you may be defended. Your body even shows the hurts!
How you may ask? By armoring around the chest front and back, shoulders rolling in to protect the heart, splits, dents, leaks and hollows, it is like you can actually really see a hurt or a wound.
We protect ourselves from feeling any more pain, by diverting energy away from our heart centre so as not to feel and generally wear a mask portraying that we are OK.
Our hearts can think and feel, so without our heart being open and flowing with energy we struggle in the love and relationship department.
Our mask covers what is called called a lower self defense against any attempts to love and trust.
DEPENDING ON THE DEVELOPMENTAL AGE OF THE CHILD, THE WOUNDS YOU CARRY MAY BE DIFFERENT:
- THE DAYDREAMER: The foetus in the womb. Do you feel Mum’s pain or unhappiness? Do you wonder am I wanted? You may come into the world not trusting, fearful and not sure if you belong.THE TASK is to learn to trust again and to claim your space in the world by getting in your body and unfreezing your energy system. Here I am!
- THE NEEDY: From birth to about 18 months of age. There is a great need for love but there is a lack of feeling loved. This may be due to a lack of attention or food or connection. There is never enough love, or it is disappointing and may even turn hateful.THE TASK here is to learn to love yourself! You set the standard!
- THE COMPLIANT: From 18 months to 3 years. The child has to be good, may be smothered, learns to say a lot of yes’s but feels unable to say no as there will be repercussions. Caught with pleasing others and not self, can become very resentful and withholding.THE TASK here is to find your YES to life and happiness, quite often self hate and pleasure-anxiety have been in the way. Your needs are important!
- The Prince & Princess: 3 1/2 to 5 years old. The child is built up to be more than the parent of the same sex, some seduction and betrayal, I am special, no I am not.THE TASK here is to become real with our equality to the same sex and to get grounded or there is always a “pie in the sky” big idea but no inner ground.
- The Perfectionist: 5 – 7 years old. I am perfect. You will not find anything wrong with me. Feelings of rejection from the parent of the opposite sex are hidden by the perfect picture but the love of the heart is rigidified and unsafe. Disconnection between the heart and the pelvis. Sex without love and love without sex.THE TASK here is to become vulnerable and realise that you are equal to others or life can become a lonely place.
WHAT IS CORE ENERGETICS?
Core Energetics as a therapy is based on the capacity to love and be loved. Why should you be the exception?
As we explore the defenses to the heart and heal old wounds and new, tenderness and vulnerability emerges, the child is redeemed and you are more whole. There is wonder in the eyes and it is like an awakening to a new world. Your heart is humming and MAGIC is in the air!
To change your energy and your life, contact Leslee for a one on one session to take the journey to your Core (Heart) and bring YOUR heart to your home!
Leslee Hughes is one of the most senior members of Core Energetics in Australia. She is an experienced Body Mind Psychotherapist (Somatic Psychotherapist) who works in Sydney and the Central Coast of New South Wales. Leslee is a Member of the Psychotherapy & Counselling Federation of Australia and a Clinical member of the Counsellor’s and Psychotherapists Association.
Leslee works one on one with individuals, couples, families and is able to do phone or Skype sessions. You can call Leslee on 0407934499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out Leslee’s website for more details: www.lesleehughes.com.au